Pillar gauge pods for 87-earlier C/K

I've noticed that there do not appear to be any aftermarket gauge pods for us folks running 87 and earlier Chevy trucks. Numerous posts I've read online mentioned that nobody is making them.

However, I've noticed that 88 and up seem to be available through Summit Racing and other places, and are made by Auto Meter.

Is there anything at all different about an 88's pillar that would make the pod incompatible with my 86 Blazer? Because the trucks look pretty dang similar to me.

I'm looking to add a couple of gauges and don't like the idea of bolting them to the top of my dash or, worse, installing them under the dash where I'd have to take my eyes off the road to look at them.

You can check out the 88 and up pods here:

~jp

Reply to
Jon Pickens