Ping Doc

Doc;

I have a huge question for you. I have the 03 Avalanche now (got rid of the

02 dually that was never a good off-road idea - live and learn). I got the 6 CD changer with steering remote and 8 speaker Bose. On the 04 Avalanche it is called option UC6. The car has an AUX button on the head unit. I was wondering how I could find out if the back of the head unit has RCA jacks and will accept any auxiliary input. I want to get an XM unit and attach it to the existing system. I cannot find out anything about who made this for GM. All UC6 lists is as follows:

Sound system, ETR AM/FM stereo with 6-disc CD changer, includes seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS) and Bose speaker system (includes 6-speakers, Bose amplifier and Bose Subwoofer) Code: UC6

Thanks in advance!

Hobbes

Reply to
<Hobbes

Hobbes,

Wish I had a definitive answer for ya. Aside from pulling the head unit and checking it out yerself, I'd try giving Crutchfield a call

and see if they have any more information. Sorry!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Pulling that radio is pretty easy. Work the dash ring off around the outside edge with your fingers - just hook your fingers into the upper edge and pull gently, then work your way around. You'll need to move the steering wheel to its lowest position to get it all the way off. Dont lose any of the little rubber tips on the end of the brace pins or it will squeak when you have it back on.

The stereo is now accessable by compressing the clip on the side of it (pinch them together), then just slide the radio out gently. You shouldn't have to disconnect anything to see the back of it.

I seriously doubt that you will have RCA jacks back there. However, look at

to see if either of those two harness adapters willwork for you and allow you to use the device with the AUX input on your headunit.

HMc

Reply to
Howard McCollister

I believe that is exactly what I need. Thanks, Howard!

Reply to
<Hobbes

You're welcome. PAC is a very innovative company, and they do good work.

For general information on the dash and stereo removal, look at

HMc

Reply to
Howard McCollister