PING Gary.. TCC question

'88 K2500, 700-r4. Is it normal for the tcc to disengage at zero throttle? my truck does it and it drives me nuts esp. if I am following someone, the TCC unlocks when I let off the gas and locks back up when I press on the gas. it's done this for at least as long as this trans has been in the truck (2 years now, I think) but it's really really starting to annoy the hell out of me.

TIA, Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Every vehicle I've had with a lockup TC has done exactly what you describe. That's normal.

-- Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . . Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House of Representatives, August 17, 1789

Reply to
AZGuy

Bret,

I paid attention to my '99 K1500 with the 4L60-E while coming home tonight on the expressway. If I let off the throttle while cruising about 65 mph then press the throttle down to resume the speed the TCC has to re-engage again. It takes something like 2 to 3 seconds from the time I press the throttle until it engages again. It's a pretty gentle engagement and I hardly notice it.

How ever my '94 Lumina Z34 you can feel the re-engagement very well. The motor will actually rev up about 200 to 300 rpm higher than it was before it locks again.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

the TCC engagement on my truck is anything but gentle.. sometimes it engages so hard I swear the TCC bounces of the face of the convertor. OTOH, I guess I need to remember that I carry about 1200lbs of stuff in the back of the truck at all times (tools and a Miller Bobcat

225NT). I can't remember the last time I had an empty bed.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

yes

it's a 'fuel economy' thing

Reply to
TranSurgeon

in '3', it will stay engaged

Reply to
TranSurgeon

well that's good/sucks... is there any way to eliminate that "feature"?

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

nope

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Reply to
Bill M

go ahead, install it

anyone who can't tell the difference between 'bear with me' and 'bare with me' is not someone who will build anything I'll ever install...............

Reply to
TranSurgeon