PING. Ian or Doc or anyone

Hi all, Im throwing the code for "cam position senesor correlation" think its p135a? This came up after an intake manifold change on a 98 tahoe 5.7.
This is all weve done so far. Changed cam pos sensor tried new distributor changed crank pos sensor The tech whos been helping me says his computer tells him that the correlation between crank and cam sensors is right on and the timing is perfect. It keeps settting the code.... They say the only things left are either the weather pack going into the cam sensor, the wire going from the cam sensor to the ecm, orthe ecm itself... They now want to check the wire from cam sensor to ecm if not that then must be the ecm Does this seem right?? Anything else to check first?? Help please Tony snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
Tony Viv wrote:

It doesn't seem right. I would still want to have it verified that the position of the distributor is correct. What the tech "says" and what is actually true could be different. I gather that you haven't actually looked at the scan tool data yourself?
Whatever happened, it certainly ought to be on their dime.
Ian
No I didnt see it on the scan tool. I friend of mine whos a dealer mech for Jeep. Helped (or did and I helped) did the intake gasket.He didnt have a computer. The light went on after that. It seems to run perfect anyway. So Ive taken it to aa local shop that was recomended. They seem honest and knowlegeable. So what exactly should I ask them to check, Correlation of the cam and crank position sensors and the actual distributert timing itself?? When you say the position of the dist. do you mean just that timing is right or the possibility of the dist having been dropped in a tooth off. And all this should be able to be done on a scan tool?? Thanks Tony