PING: JBS re: chugging and lugging

OP was way down on the list so I started a new thread for your issues!
<PASTE>

Well, the vacuum could have been contributing to your problem. This thread has been going on for so long now I forget what you've done thus far.
1. Complete tune up. Plugs, wires, cap and rotor? 2. Had the ICM checked yet? 3. Scanned for codes lately? 4. Replaced 02 if older than 5 years or 75k miles? 5. Recheck timing, should be 0* or TDC. Bump it up to 4* BTDC and see if it helps.
Doc
P.S. This thread is way down on the list. I'd start a new thread when you reply to this message. Ahhhh hell, I'll do it for ya!

out.
thread
YEP
thats what the owner wants to do. he is wondering if it is an aftermarket chip because the intake is a Edelbrock performer tbi. Said the hesitation (what i called lugging) is around 1200 rpm. high hydrocarbons, too

YEP-NONE
YEP-UNIT FROM NAPA

yep . >

you
THANKS!
thanks Doc! Going to drop it off at this shop one more time. Actually running worse on low throttle applications. Stalling out on me when gently moving or backing up. have to 'goose' it. seems to run somewhat better when gitin' on the freeway. Think its backfiring - hearing a loud 'pop' sound when at part throttle cruise, unsure from where, sounds like underneath by cat. hopin' this guy could square me away since it is a smog check shop. if not, well, i guess i will have to try a third place. thanks again for all your advice. i am not surprised that it is right on. jim
oh yeah- to add to my earlier post, mechanic/shop owner said it was 'running lean causing the hesitation around 1200 rpm

out.
thread
you

is
if
well, i have not had a chance to bump the timing up yet. i would like to hope that it is something simple like the fuel pressure regulator. i have replaced the ICM with a new GM unit about 3 weeks ago. i am busy wit' school and work, so i am gonna try one more time with these fellas.... we will see. i am going to mention to him what you told me about the hydrocarbons ... sunofagun, it shouldnt be this hard, should it?! thanks! jim

'computer'
see
when

it
far.
Well, i am embarrassed.
It was the damn egr valve. telling the computer that it was WOT when it wasnt. Runs like a top now. you were pretty much dead on. thanks for your advice, Doc, i am keeping these post as a reminder for my ignorant ass in the future have a good one! jim

basically
This
and