PING STEVE: Kleen Screen

Hey steve.. I finally got the EGR valve off the Blazer... what a PITA!
Had to take off the Air warmer/filter assembly and use a LONG skinny 1/4" socket
extension from the fan to reach the bolts... what a wonderful place Chevy picked to put the serpentine belt tensioner!
I had to sort of reverse your instructions because the plug wouldn't come off until the valve was unbolted and turned a bit so the belt tensioner wasn't pressing the plug on..
Anyway, I cleaned the pintle and seat, now I'm trying to find a Kleen Screen gasket for it.. (part #2-1357 at Tomco)
I've called all the easy ones... Napa, pep boys, kragen, Auto Zone, etc. with no luck..
Do you remember where you bought yours?
Thanks again for all your help!
Mac
mac davis wrote:

I made the first one. The rest I picked up at United Auto Supply. http://snipurl.com/y3z2 Shows it available from Advance auto online.
--
Steve W.

Thanks, Steve... I ordered 2 from Northern Auto Parts last night... Mac

NAPA part number: 225237 Line code CRB

Weird.. called 3 napa stores in the Fresno/Clovis area yesterday and they'd never heard of them!
I'll try again today with that part number... thanks!
Mac

They'd have to look at the product description to ascertain whether the part comes with the carbon screen or not. Took me all of 15 seconds to find it thru my online account to the local NAPA store.

Glad to help.