pink antifreeze??

been hearing some stories about the 100k pink antifreeze--mostly not very positive ones..I'm told that the pink stuff over time will start to gel and cause major problems down the road..any comments ??

"Dave44" wrote

I've never seen pink antifreeze.
Ian
It's recycled DexCool!
The recyclers make it that color.
Refinish King

Hi-Tech Anti-Freeze Recycling:
Which is a franchise, has a plethora of colors. Their old policy was to make glycol the color of Dexcool, and use the exchanger to fill the vehicle with Dex Cool colored glycol, and recycle the Dex Cool along with the glycol.
Now they have a way of separating the glycol from the Dex Cool, and since they screwed up the system with the bogus colored glycol, they color the Dex Cool pink. Right from Gary, the originator, inventor and owner of Hi-Tech Recycling, Inc.
He's a nice guy, because he sells me the inhibitor and other products for me to recycle anti-freeze with my recycler. So we chat on the phone quite a bit.
Refinish King

My 2000 GMC Sonoma has 71,000 miles on it with the original Dex-Cool still in it. No problems yet...
Tony

Give it another year.
Doc
In another year it will probably have around 90,000 miles on it and I'll have already changed the coolant ;-)