Piston Slap

Anybody experiencing problems with piston slap?
I have a 2001 Silverado with the 6.0L that sounds worse than my old 6.5L diesel.
The engine shakes the whole vehicle and the valves sound like they are ready
to pop.
GM claims it's normal and are refusing to do anything about it.
mikeNOSPAM snipped-for-privacy@netlane.com posted:

http://www.freep.com/money/autonews/knock14_20031114.htm
try this web site
GM PISTON SLAP FIASCO HOME PAGE Address:http://www.pistonslap.com

If you have engine shake, there's more going on than just piston slap.
Dave
Tell that to the bastards at GM. I had the GM rep finally come out to "look" at the vehicle. He didn't even drive it. Just poured some shit in the gas tank and claimed it was fixed.
The stupid thing was that the manager said "this is normal" when he gave me a new suburban as a loaner while the GM rep was coming in to see it. The suburban ran nice and quietly. When I brought it back we did a side by side comparison and he acknowledged that my vehicle wasn't "normal" but said he couldn't do anything about it. I then suggested we do an engine swap and I'd stop complaining.
Getting stone walled. And no new engine yet...

mikeNOSPAM snipped-for-privacy@netlane.com posted:

Of course you are. You haven't done anything to prove to them you're serious.
Have you contacted a lawyer about filing a lemon law suit? Or if you have to rely on arbitration, have you contacted the BBB yet?
"Gung Ho" wrote

He didn't say anything "stupid"....it is "normal"....just give the new Suburban a few more months/miles and it will be making the same noise.
Ian
I have the same problem with my 2002 Silverado, I contacted GM warranty service and they offered me a free 6 year or 100,000 mile extended warranty on this engine, excluding vehicles registered in California. contact gm warranty