piston volume...

What is the volume in cc's of a '79 chevy truck piston....... I am needing to calculate the compression of a stock piston used with 64cc chambers. Also what is the compressed thickness of a stock head gasket....... I'm great with HP motors but i have no clue what the factory pistons or head gaskets spec put at..........Thanx

Reply to
Mad Dog

Shep

if you have been give a combustion chamber's volume as 64cc's, then you need to find out the stroke of the piston (h) and the radius (r) of the piston (1/2 the diameter)

mutiply the value r by itself (r x r), times the result by (h), and times that figure by Pi (3.1416) = the volume of the piston's stroke...........but you probably know this already

Divide this number by 64 and you have the compression ratio (almost)

The problem being the shape of the piston's head, any notches, and the thickness of the gasket (the last two will reduce the ratio by a slight amount)

Reply to
ken

I'm sorry.....i should have been more specific as to engine size (350) I was trying to determine what volume in cc's the stock piston displaces..... i know it is a dished piston, but what volume is unknown to me. Thanx anyway

Reply to
Mad Dog

Thank you for the effort Ken....... all i need is the volume in cc's of a stock '79 chevy 350 truck piston and factory gasket thickness.

Reply to
Mad Dog