piston volume...

What is the volume in cc's of a '79 chevy truck piston....... I am needing to calculate the compression of a stock piston used with 64cc chambers. Also what is the compressed thickness of a stock head gasket.......
I'm great with HP motors but i have no clue what the factory pistons or head gaskets spec put at..........Thanx
--
Mad-Dog

The piston volume as far as the dome is concerned for compression ratios, is only an issue when it is dished or domed, both of these specs would have to be researched based on the specific year and engine model. The compressed gasket thickness again, you would need to know the type of gasket and research that also. If you know the compression ratio of the existing combination, you would need to know the cc's of the heads on there now, you can calculate the new ratio. With as little info as you posted I assume this is the root of your question?

-
I'm sorry.....i should have been more specific as to engine size (350) I was trying to determine what volume in cc's the stock piston displaces..... i know it is a dished piston, but what volume is unknown to me. Thanx anyway
--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10

"ken" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
The ONLY way to find out is to cc one, just because the mfg quotes xx cc's don't believe it till you pour one. I've had pistons domes be off by 1 cc from what they were quoted as.