Planning on buying something...

I've never purchased a "model year closeout" vehicle, but I'm going to plan on buying a 2005 Chevy Tahoe LT by this time next year.

Based upon what you all know, can you tell me what I could expect as far as "discounts" or "lowered prices" among those go? Is it something that Chevrolet sets, or the particular dealership sets?

Reply to
Tim

Based on my recent experiences, it's hard to say. Some dealerships will pull out a stock sheet and say "my price is $xxxxx", period. Others will try to get you into a vehicle no matter what and leverage all of the dealer incentives they have just to get you into it. Others will move on the prices of your trade-in and the price of the vehicle to try and work something out.

So it's hard to say. Another difficulty is that year to year the incentives at the end of the year change. Right now it's around $6000 I think. It could be more or less next year, depending on sales and the economy.

Reply to
GaWd