PLease Help(2003 Tahoe)

I have a 03 Tahoe with 33,000 miles on it. It has been running great until the other day when I was driving home, go about 40mph. A warning flashed "reduced engine power" and the truck slowed to 10 mph. The
check engine light also came on.
Does anyone does what this means? PLease Help!
Have it scanned, the pcm sees a condition that causes it to electronically reduce engine power to avoid addt'l damage to the drivetrain. This is still under warranty.

-
the vehicle is still under warr. have it fixed for free.