please help

I have a 95 gmc 1500 truck with a 350 5 speed. The problem is when idling or running at low speeds when i accelerate i can hear coolant running or sloshing through the heater core.
It isnt running hot or missing any. It is annoying ang i would like to try to get it fixed. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance
Had a similar problem with my 94 gmc. Coolant was low. You might want to check the levels when COLD and fill. Andy

Park with the nose on a decent uphill and let it cool...you might be surprised how low it probably is!

It's about to blow up, you should give it to me. Heck, I'll even give you a couple hunnert for it. ;-)) KenG
rebel wrote:

Ah its got to be at least worth a few hunnert.

I need help from anyone. I have a 1996 chevrolet c1500 truck and I need to install a new alternator. I have no idea how to do it. Does anyone know a website that gives me step by step. Or will anyone give me some tips or steps? If so, you can e-mail me at my private e-mails. snipped-for-privacy@anthonyisd.net or snipped-for-privacy@aol.com thank you, luis Gutierrez
If this is anything like my 96 K3500 then it shouldn't be too much work, providing your soemwhat mechanically inclinded. First, I assume you have the serpentine belt setup, That is one main belt that drives everything? If so, you'll need a 3/8" rachet with an extension, on the belt tensioner ( that is toward the left, under the idler pulley closest to the alternator, you'll see a pulley that is spring loaded, that is your belt tensioner) there is a square knockout that the extension will fit in, use the rachet for leverage and take the tension off the belt and take the belt off the alternator. It would be a wise choice to disconnect the battery as you are going to disconnect the wiring harness as well. Once the Battery is disconnected, then go ahead and take off the wiring harness from the alternator, I don't remember but you may need a flat "Reg" screwdriver to release this. You'll need a socket or a wrench to disconnect a couple of wires.... This Is Where you want to be sure the Battery is Disconnected! If you don't you'll arc if you make contact with any of the surrounding metal. After you do this, then just take out the bolts that hold the alternator in. From here all you do is have to assemble everything in reverse order, When it comes to replacing the belt, use the rachet again to take tension off and be sure to route the belt accordingly, If you forgot, there should be a diagram either on the hood, fan shroud or on your air cleaner cover. If not there look around it may be positioned somewhere else in the engine compartment, normally within view of the front of the truck. Last replace your battery cables. I did mine last summer it took roughly 20 minutes to half an hour. Hope this helps. Have a Great Afternoon.
On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 13:53:50 -0500, "thebigcarrmann"

My 93 had this and here's how I got rid of it:
When engine is cold, remove radiator cap. Start vehicle and top off radiator. Now wait till the temp comes up and the thermostat opens, the level should drop again. Turn on heater full blast and keep topping it off till the air is out of the system. Mine has been quiet ever since.