plug gap for 1990 350

I replaced the plugs in my 1990 GMC 4x4 (350 cid) recently and was told that the gap should be .035". I thought that sounded low... can anyone verify?
Tom
It's .035 inches but I've been running mine at .045 inches for years with no problems. If you decide to use the wider gap, make sure that the rest of your ignition system is in good shape (wires, coil, etc.).
Yes .035 is right ... check for your self http://www.acdelco.com/html/catalog/index.htm under category select ignition