Pontiac engine in a Chevy truck?

I have an older 69 1/4 ton chevy truck with a '76 chevy 350 and a TH350 in it. The motor just became a boat anchor for me and it needs replacement. I have a pontiac 455 and a TH400 sitting in my garage, and I am wondering what I have to do put that in the truck. Since I have the motor and tranny, I am wondering what fabrication would be needed to get it in there. Also if you have any pointers to "kits" or mounts it would be great.

Thanks, Andrew

Reply to
andrew.morris

I sold a '77 shortbox Silverado to a buddy who dropped a 455 in it as a bolt in job. All he really had to do was modify the inner fenders to allow clearance for the exhaust manifolds. I can't remember if it was a Pontiac or Olds engine though. Regards, JR

Reply to
JR

The biggest problem would be the motor mounts on frame. THat aside, it is not a bad swap if you can do a little fabbing. Tranny mount will not be a issue if it is 2wd because some trucks came with THM400 and the mount on tranny is the same and the only difference there might be if tail shaft length that you can "adjust" with driveshaft length.

SnoMan