Popping out of Overdrive

ok i have a 93 Geo Tracker. it runs smoothly untill i put it into overdrive then 1 to 2 seconds later is wants to go into neutral popping out of gear.
can any one tell my the cause/s of this? thanks
Broken synchrony is what it sounds like.

DAMN SPELL CHECK!!!
Broken synchro is what it sounds like.
"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

Shades wrote:

A synchronizer aids engagement but it does not keep it in a gear. It is either a worn shifter fork, linkage not full engaging gear, a worn detent ball or a worm main shaft.
--

-----------------
www.thesnoman.com

This is very rarely the cause of it popping out of gear and a broken syncro is a sign of abuse not use.
Shades wrote:

--

-----------------
www.thesnoman.com

Shades wrote:

No you need to get facts straight. The syncro does not carry the torque load after engagement nor was it designed too. It only aid engagement and spinning tires on ice and then grabiing will not hurt syncro at all. The main shafts, detents, shifter forks and bearing tightness is what keeps it in gear, not syncros. It is possible for a busted syncro to block full engagement on a gear selection and thereby cause it to pop out of gear but not very likely here and if it was broken you would have trouble engaging the gear smoothly too. Provide correct accurate advise or none at all. BTW, I read a LOT of TSB's and recall info on LOTS of models to see if there are patterns to some failures of interest and I have a engineering background so I do know how and why things work. Back off.
--

-----------------
www.thesnoman.com

Shades wrote:

You made it personal not me. It does not matter whether I like someone of not, I treat them the same without bias.
--

-----------------
www.thesnoman.com
Shades wrote:

No I do not attack, I just point out the facts and you take exception to them.
--

www.thesnoman.com

creepykid87 wrote:

I can.
hopefully the question you asked.......... wuz answered to yer satisfaction.
~:~ Marsh Monster ~:~