Power Mirror

I have a '96 Yukon. Only the up/down works on my passenger power mirror. The left/right doesn't work. However, I can hear the little motor in the mirror working when I try the left/right. I figure there must be a broken
spring or some sort of broken connection in the mirror.
How do I take the mirror apart to fix something like this? The Hayes manual only tells me how to take the mirror off the car.
Thanks for any help, Rich