Power Window '99 Sierra

My drivers side power window is "off the track", I can hear the power motor operate but it doesn't move the window. I manually pushed the window up
into the closed position.
How hard is it to get the inside door panel off, and what type of repair am I looking at?
Thanks in Advance, -a12vman

Well, it's not hard to do but it's really easy to bugger up the door panel and fasteners if you don't know what you're doing. Odds are the retaining clip has broken. A bodyman could do it quickly and cheaply.....
It is probably not off track, it is more likely that the gear inside the motor housing is bad. they are usually made of a plastic and are mounted just inside the motor cover. there is a 3 point assembly inside the gear which dampens the motor stop and this goes bad. it is part of the gear you buy and the whole thing is replaced as one assembly. It is not hard to do, but requires the door motor be removed. i just did it in my truck and instead of drilling out the motor rivits, i just took a cut off wheel on my grinder and ground the metal door panel with a circle over the motor /gear housing and removed it easily. as he said, watch the door panel clips and retainers. otherwise it was a 45 minute job for me. old john