power window clunking sound on driver side

I have a 1999 chevrolet s-10 blazer. The power window on drivers side is making clunking sounds when activated in either direction up or down.

Reply to
Thunderbolt

maybe one of the rivets on the track is gone....common for our cars --

begin 666 p.gif M1TE&.#EA$ $C`( !````_____R'Y! $```$`+ `````0`2,```+_C(^IR^T/ MHYRTVHNSWKS[#X;B2);FB:;JRK;N"\?R3-?VC>?ZSO?^#PP*A\2B\8A,*I?, MIO,)C4JGU*KUB@3(M!

Reply to
honk_on_bobo

and?

Reply to
blazerman

How long has it been doing it? I replaced a weak window motor last year and the new one did that. After a few months it quit making noise and has worked normal ever since. :-/

Reply to
Michael

You should probably fix it...

Reply to
KENG

the annoying sounded like (clunked) started one week ago. the windows is still going up and down on track when i pressed the button. its in good working order. ill have to remove the inside door cover and listen to the "clunking" sound.

Reply to
Thunderbolt

I found the rivet is very loose on the front left power window regulator bracket. This rivet is loose. When the window is in closing position the whole bracket moved outward therefore popping out of the door frame and power window bracket frame.

Reply to
Thunderbolt

i figured as such..........just drill out the rivet and throw a new one in. mostlikeley have to go to the next size up though.

Hope this helps

Rob --

begin 666 p.gif M1TE&.#EA$ $C`( !````_____R'Y! $```$`+ `````0`2,```+_C(^IR^T/ MHYRTVHNSWKS[#X;B2);FB:;JRK;N"\?R3-?VC>?ZSO?^#PP*A\2B\8A,*I?, MIO,)C4JGU*KUB@3(M!

Reply to
honk_on_bobo

Yes! that is correct. Ill have to ask around for a big rivet gun with a big head rivet to secured the power window regulator bracket in place.

Reply to
Thunderbolt

I have a very loose rivet on the power window regulator bracket.

Reply to
Thunderbolt

drill out the rivet and nut and bolt it with the proper size nut and bolt. Jp

Reply to
blazerman