power window clunking sound on driver side

I have a 1999 chevrolet s-10 blazer. The power window on drivers side is making clunking sounds when activated in either direction up or down.

maybe one of the rivets on the track is gone....common for our cars --
` end
I have a very loose rivet on the power window regulator bracket.

drill out the rivet and nut and bolt it with the proper size nut and bolt. Jp

and?
blazerman wrote:

How long has it been doing it? I replaced a weak window motor last year and the new one did that. After a few months it quit making noise and has worked normal ever since. :-/
the annoying sounded like (clunked) started one week ago. the windows is still going up and down on track when i pressed the button. its in good working order. ill have to remove the inside door cover and listen to the "clunking" sound.
I found the rivet is very loose on the front left power window regulator bracket. This rivet is loose. When the window is in closing position the whole bracket moved outward therefore popping out of the door frame and power window bracket frame.
i figured as such..........just drill out the rivet and throw a new one in. mostlikeley have to go to the next size up though.
Hope this helps
Rob --
` end
Yes! that is correct. Ill have to ask around for a big rivet gun with a big head rivet to secured the power window regulator bracket in place.