Premature Antinlock Brake Engagement

About a year I ago I had a recall on my 2000 GMC Sierra SLE 4X4. The recall involved corrosion build up on the mounting surfaces of front ABS wheel speed sensors. When coming to a stop the ABS would engage causing the
vehicle to roll farther than anticipated. I had the repair completed. Now a year later the same problem that the recall was suppose to address has occured again. I returned it to the dealer, told them about my problem. They said that there could be another cause to this problem. They had to check it out. They hooked a scan too up and could not duplicate the problem. It cost me $34 cdn for nothing. Now the problem occurs nearly evertime I pull up to a stop. Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks, Glenn
Glenn Squire wrote:

Well....that was a year ago. Perhaps it's the same problem again, or maybe it wasn't cleaned as thoroughly as it should have been. In any case, I'd start there again. You may also have a defective front wheel speed sensor. If it does it almost everytime you stop, it should be quite visable on a scan tool. Just ask them to monitor the wheel speeds as you come to a stop....you'll see the offending wheel go to zero miles/kilometers before the others.
Ian
Thanks Ian. I suspect that it wasn't cleaned properly the first time. First when I took it back to the dealer, it had only happened once to full capacity (when you actuall hear the ABS kick in). Sometimes I could barely feel the ABS brake pulsations. Now it happens more often to some degree, almost all the time. Maybe I'll give it a good cleaning myself and coat mounting surfaces with a thin coat of anti-sieze and see how that works out before returning to the dealer.
Glenn in NB.

UPDATE!!
I had the dealer look into it again today. They replaced the left side wheel hub. They covered the cost of parts and labour. All works well now.
Glenn