PROBLEM SOLVED

---refresher---
1987 Chevy G20 Conversion Van -Hard starting without a touch of throttle -Low idle when started cold -Idling 1200-1400RPM once warmed up
-etc -etc
Many suggestions gone through...IAC, EGR, vacuum leak(hose and/or base plate), etc, etc, etc...
After almost every component had been swapped with a new or used one to no avail... I pulled the computer and found that the protective covering on the bottom of the printed circuit board had started to come loose and that corrosion had started to form.
Swapped in a used computer(used the PROM from the original) and its a totally different van! Starts on the first try, 1200-1300RPM on start-up, drops to 600 when road temp, seemingly 50% more power, LOTS better MPG(thank God with gas prices on the rise AGAIN!)...
I don't recall if anyone had suggested the computer or not, but either way, thanx to EVERYONE who chimed in to assist me with the dilemma!
--
Shades

I would rather be hated for who I am than be Loved for who I am not!