Programmer

Thinking of installing the Hypertech Programmer on my 99 chevy k1500 4x4 305, Anyone know where to get them cheap & are they safe to put on your
truck.
I used a Hypertech Power Programmer III on my '01 2500 HD 4x4. Both performance and mileage increased significantly. The increased firmness for the shift points also helped for towing and transmission longevity, as well as speedo recalibration for increased tire diameter (285's). Definitely recommend it. I found mine used (almost brand new) in the Recycler classifieds. Hope this helps.