Programming keyless remotes

I have lost my keyless remote for my 2003 Silverado and have found sme (cheap) on Ebay. They all state the remotes come with easy, instructions for programming. How are these things programmed and is it a good idea to buy these off Ebay????

Carlos ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
Wanda_Fish

The 03 silverado is easy to program. All doors must be shut then you hold the unlock button down and cycle the ignition switch on and off two times. The locks will then cycle to show that it is in programming mode. Take the remotes and hold the lock and unlock button down on the remote until the locks cycle then that remote is programmed. If you have more than one just hold the lock and unlock button down on it. To exit program mode just switch the ignition on and off. Beware that there are many different gm remotes. All will not work on all vech. It must be the correct one are it will not work with the truck.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Woodcock

Make shere you get right remote because GM has used several different kinds over the years. Match part number on back of old remote.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Greetings,

I have purchased several replacement remotes from eBay sellers over the years including two for my '04 Silverado. Very easy to reprogram this truck/remote combo (exactly the same as your '03) and for just over $15 shipped it's much cheaper than going to the dealer ($60 for the remote plus $$ for reprogramming it for you).

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan