proper way to tow a 4x4 S10 1985?

Today my 1985 S10 Blazer 4x4 had to be towed....... instead of arriving with a flat bed, AAA sent a regular tow truck which towed it from the rear.......
with the car in park and the 4x4 shifter in neutral........ was this safe? the S10 was towed a distance of 7 miles at no more than 35 miles per hour
well, if it was my truck, the first thing I would do would be to visit the towing company and inform them that they are liable for any transfer case repairs that may be necessary
document the fact that they towed it ass-up, ass-first
then have the transfer case fluid drained and send it off for analysis for metal particles (be sure it get re-filled)
as soon as you get it back, with a reputable mechanic along as passenger/witness, take it on sand, gravel, or dirt, and verify that all aspects of the transfer case function properly
if not, have a representative of the towing company amble his incompetent ass over and have the mechanic show him
then get it all documented, have it repaired, and sue their ass

with
rear.......

with
rear.......
That was the best way to tow it. I drove a tow truck in the evening and weekends many years ago for an auto service company and that's the way we always towed a 4x4 vehicle. If we had to tow at highway speeds the drive shaft came out. We didn't have flat bed wreckers in the mid 70's.
Brian

safe?
hour
you said ' We didn't have flat bed wreckers in the mid 70's.'
well, GM trucks didn't have NP-207 transfer cases in the 70's either
it should have been on a flat-bed
Curious how would this wreck a transfer case? what if you backed up a hill? would that not be similar should you not back up hills in this vehicle ??? Not to familiar with that transfer case and problems that may exist???

because it contains an internal oil pump that is driven by the REAR drive shaft

arriving
we
drive
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:06:43 GMT, "TranSurgeon"
You tell 'em Gary.... Hope you & yours have a great holiday!

don wrote:

If your Blazer has the IFS front axle (which I believe it does), then you should be fine. The front wheels would have been basically doing the identical thing that they would if you were just driving down the road in 2 wheel drive.
Ian
Everything is FINE! This is the best way to tow a part-time four wheel drive! The t-case in neutral was unnecessary but didn't harm ANYTHING! As was said, it was no different than you driving it around in 2WD!
BTW...hat happened where it needed to be towed???

Well, I went about 3 miles to a store, then when I came out of the store parking lot the truck just stalled...... it was running fine and when I tried to start it, it would crank but would not fire, then it finally did backfire one time so I know it had some spark, and it seemed to cough alittle if I pumped the gas pedal a few times before I turned the key, but I was afraid of flooding the car since in this cold weather I didn't think the gas would evaporate, The choke was open since the engine was still warm........
"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

safe?
hour
Have you dug into it yet? Timing belt? Wet distributor? ???

...Plugged gas filter? Need a tune up?

SO far my mechanic has had it for 2 days - it will not start outside but when it got inside the garage it would start - so he is playing with the choke????????
How complicated is this choke?
"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

arriving

AAAHHHHHGGGGG !
the infamous electric 'on the same fuse as the torque converter clutch and the alternator IGN feed' choke !!!!!!

this
per