Quadtrasteer (sp?) Do I want it?

Looking at used ¾ ton Suburban. Having troubles finding them local, so I hoped on e-bay. Seems like I can get one w/ or w/o Quad for more or less the same. Because I can't test drive one, (cant even find a new one locally) is it good? Bad? Present problems?

I will pull loads and go off highway often. I will use it to pull my jeep to the trail head, and Pull myself deep into the Duck/Deer woods. But mostly to work and back when the weather is not jeep conducive. So this "contraption" cant screw up off road, or get screwed up. I am not scared about maintenance, as long as I know ahead of time.

Is it dependable?

Can you tell it's there?

I saw the review on 4x4 TV on OLN, and seem like he liked, it, but he never put it in the mud.

Thanks in advance. . .

83 CJ 8, a work in progress
out the "XXX" to e-mail me
Reply to
Evan

Here's my thoughts on the subject:

  • good for maneuverability, but it won't stop my wife from hitting things in the parking lot
  • more complicated system means more to go wrong and very co$tly repairs when it does fail

I personally would trust it to fail in the most unopportune time and costly way...it is GM after all...murphy's law?

"contraption"

Reply to
Lucky Strike