Quadtrasteer (sp?) Do I want it?

Looking at used ton Suburban. Having troubles finding them local, so I hoped on e-bay. Seems like I can get one w/ or w/o Quad for more or less the same.
Because I can't test drive one, (cant even find a new one locally) is it good? Bad? Present problems?
I will pull loads and go off highway often. I will use it to pull my jeep to the trail head, and Pull myself deep into the Duck/Deer woods. But mostly to work and back when the weather is not jeep conducive. So this "contraption" cant screw up off road, or get screwed up. I am not scared about maintenance, as long as I know ahead of time.
Is it dependable?
Can you tell it's there?
I saw the review on 4x4 TV on OLN, and seem like he liked, it, but he never put it in the mud.
Thanks in advance. . . 83 CJ 8, a work in progress http://hometown.aol.com/ebmvi/MyTJindex.html Take out the "XXX" to e-mail me
Here's my thoughts on the subject: * good for maneuverability, but it won't stop my wife from hitting things in the parking lot * more complicated system means more to go wrong and very co$tly repairs when it does fail
I personally would trust it to fail in the most unopportune time and costly way...it is GM after all...murphy's law?