Question about retroing a vehicle Any help?

I would like to take a late 70's to mid 80's chevy truck and retro it as far as removing all electronics. Is that possible? Return the truck to a 'points' system, etc.

Also, can you take a truck which is not 4x4, and remove a 4x4 system from another vehicle, (ie axles, shifter, etc) and convert that vehicle to a 4x4?

Thanks for any and all answers.

Reply to
The Man

With enough money ANYTHING is possible. However WHY would you want points? If you want to limit the electronics at least go with an HEI. Better spark control and you won't have to readjust the points every 5,000 miles or so. The old 78 I had was an HEI and Q-Jetted 350 with house pulling gears in it. It wasn't fast but it would REALLY PULL. It also LOVED gas. Best I ever got with it was 11mpg.

Reply to
Steve W.