Question...manual lockouts compaired to full time four wheel drive

Will a full time four wheel drive go in any range (4x4 high, low, or 2x4 high) if the front drive shaft is taken out? I heard that it won't, but, I do not know for sure. Can I put a new front differential with lock outs to
replace one that came out that is full time four wheel drive? Do I need to do anything with the transfer case?
A truck with full time 4WD and no front drive shaft will not go unless the T-Case is in 'Lock' unless a part time conversion is made.

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:20:51 -0500, "Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote:

Agreed and you have to watch those conversions because one or two of the cheap ones are not well designed and compromise tcase lubing and life span.

The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com