Question on cargo carrier

Has any one used one of those platform cargo carriers that fit into the class 111 hitch receiver, does it cause any ill handling or buffetting at hiway speed , with a cooler or such on it? Thanks for any input

My Father has one, I used it last year in my vehicle to haul my deer back from deer camp, It makes a little noise here and there, but nothing constant. He uses it all the time to go out to Montana (from Michigan)...never complained...