Question: Proper fuel line routing 77 Chev

Anyone know the correct fuel line routing for a 77 Chev C-10?
I mean, does the fuel line, before it goes into the pump for the 350 V8, mount on the outboard side of the frame rail, or the inboard.
After I've driven a while and the engine is warmed up the vehicle tends to stall out at stop lights or when slowing down. I had the engine replaced a while back and I notice that the rubber fuel inlet hose is on the inboard side of rail.
Could passenger side exhaust manifolds be vaporizing fuel thus causing vapor lock and thus the stall?
Runs fine at ordinary speeds.
TIA

Always inboard. Wouldn't want it on the outside of the frame in a wreck now would we?

Where it should be.....................

If it is "vaporizing", where is it going? Think about it, it's a closed, pressurized system with nothing but liquid fuel in the lines, where would it vaoprize to?

Sounds like the old carb needs an adjustment to me.
Doc

Vapor lock could easily be the problem if the fuel line is too close to the manifold. Easy enough to check. Temporarily insulate the line with something and see if the problem goes away.
I don't remember where the line was mounted, but since the tank was mounted outside the frame, it wouldn't surprise me to see the line mounted the same way. H
The fuel line comes out of the top of the tank,over the frame rail,and inside the rail all the way to the fuel pump.From there it loops around the front of the engine, and up to the carb..Try changing the filter in the inlet of the carb.,and check the pressure.(should be 3 to 5 psi).If you have dual tanks,the switching valve will be just ahead of the pass.side tank.Carefully look at the rubber hose connections there,as that tends to a source of suction leaks.Good luck.~Ed