radiator

How do I know if I have a heavy duty rad. 97 z-71 ,350 ,auto ,tow package, external engine oil cooler? Thanks

Reply to
Gary

Basically look inside tank and count the number of rows in the core and the width of the tubes too. Also you can measure core thickness because if it is really HD it should be at least 2 inches thick or more. GM also used a different clutch on fan and a different fan blade too. I have a old 89 1500 4x4 burb that has factory HD cooling and the radiator in it is a 3 row core and over 2 inches thick, I have never even seen it above 210 since new and usually 190 to 200 and it has seen some very serious heat. THey are a bit stingier when radiators these days though.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

The engine oil cooler inlet / outlets you can see....drivers side at bottom of rad. Large p/s size hose going into rad that many mistake for trans lines. The trans cooler is on other side. If it's there, then the rest will be. You can also simply look at the option codes in the glove box sticker as well.

Reply to
Augustus

Reply to
Gary

There won't be a separate RPO for the rad....rather there will be one for entire the HD Tow Package....possibly RPO Z82.

Reply to
Augustus

It used to be under the RPO of VO5 for HD radiator because it is avaible seperately. THe engine oil cooler was KC4.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Didn't know that....thanks for the info