Radiator repair? 95'k2500

I have a 95'k2500 with the 454 engine. My radiator has developed a small leak. My question is can the "plastic" radiators be repaired? It looks like the leak is around where the tank meets the core. Thanks all!!

Reply to
CIA

Radiator repair? 95'k2500 Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, May 28, 2005, 1:44am (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@Hole.com I have a 95'k2500 with the 454 engine. My radiator has developed a small leak. My question is can the "plastic" radiators be repaired? It looks like the leak is around where the tank meets the core. Thanks all!!

Reply to
Steve Cook

Reply to
Robert Ball

The rubber gasket has gone bad! A radiator shop can replace it

I had mine done 2 years ago.. Cost was $45.00 2-year warrenty !

Sometimes the Actual Plastic Tank Breaks ( Cracks) and then the cost goes to $85.00

Another DEXCOOL SIDE EFFECT !

snipped-for-privacy@Hole.com wrote:

Reply to
no one

TOP POST!!!!! Ive seen them crack way before DEX COOL Any good Radiator shop will tell you..Yeah we can replace the tanks but they woun recommend it..Due to once you bend back the ears that hold the tanks on, most of the time it will leak again...People are blaming DEXCOOL for everything ...So what was the reason before DEXCOOL?I've pulled apart engines from cars and trucks that kept their cooling systems up to par and they had no problems using Dex...But then again if you let air into the system we all know what can happen so whose fault is it really ? The manufactures? Or is it the lack of knowledge and people just not taking care of their cars like they use to....Also this truck here says its a 95 good chance it dont even have DEX in it.. S Cook

Re: Radiator repair? 95'k2500 Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, May 28, 2005, 12:35am (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@lost.cat (no=A0one) The rubber gasket has gone bad! A radiator shop can replace it I had mine done 2 years ago.. Cost was $45.00 2-year warrenty ! Sometimes the Actual Plastic Tank Breaks ( Cracks) and then the cost goes to $85.00 Another DEXCOOL SIDE EFFECT ! snipped-for-privacy@Hole.com wrote: I have a 95'k2500 with the 454 engine. My radiator has developed a small leak. My question is can the "plastic" radiators be repaired? It looks like the leak is around where the tank meets the core. Thanks all!!

Reply to
Steve Cook

Mine has a 3 inch crack in it. 92, no DEX here. I patched the crack and it worked, but now it still leaks where the gasket meets the aluminum core.

Re: Radiator repair? 95'k2500

Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, May 28, 2005, 12:35am (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@lost.cat (no one) The rubber gasket has gone bad! A radiator shop can replace it I had mine done 2 years ago.. Cost was $45.00 2-year warrenty ! Sometimes the Actual Plastic Tank Breaks ( Cracks) and then the cost goes to $85.00 Another DEXCOOL SIDE EFFECT ! snipped-for-privacy@Hole.com wrote: I have a 95'k2500 with the 454 engine. My radiator has developed a small leak. My question is can the "plastic" radiators be repaired? It looks like the leak is around where the tank meets the core. Thanks all!!

Reply to
LS

This is why its best to get a reman or a new radiator.... S Cook Re: Radiator repair? 95'k2500 Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, May 28, 2005, 3:13pm (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (LS) Mine has a 3 inch crack in it. 92, no DEX here. I patched the crack and it worked, but now it still leaks where the gasket meets the aluminum core. LS "Steve Cook" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3237.bay.webtv.net... TOP POST!!!!! Ive seen them crack way before DEX COOL Any good Radiator shop will tell you..Yeah we can replace the tanks but they woun recommend it..Due to once you bend back the ears that hold the tanks on, most of the time it will leak again...People are blaming DEXCOOL for everything ...So what was the reason before DEXCOOL?I've pulled apart engines from cars and trucks that kept their cooling systems up to par and they had no problems using Dex...But then again if you let air into the system we all know what can happen so whose fault is it really ? The manufactures? Or is it the lack of knowledge and people just not taking care of their cars like they use to....Also this truck here says its a 95 good chance it dont even have DEX in it.. S Cook Re: Radiator repair? 95'k2500 Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, May 28, 2005, 12:35am (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@lost.cat (no one) The rubber gasket has gone bad! A radiator shop can replace it I had mine done 2 years ago.. Cost was $45.00 2-year warrenty ! Sometimes the Actual Plastic Tank Breaks ( Cracks) and then the cost goes to $85.00 Another DEXCOOL SIDE EFFECT ! snipped-for-privacy@Hole.com wrote: I have a 95'k2500 with the 454 engine. My radiator has developed a small leak. My question is can the "plastic" radiators be repaired? It looks like the leak is around where the tank meets the core. Thanks all!!

Reply to
Steve Cook

Thanks for all the help!!. I may just go with a new unit (ouch!) I want to keep the truck a few more years and I need it to be dependable. Thanks again!!

Reply to
CIA