you set the code? if ya buy a used car then have the dealer get the codes
reset to YOUR numbers.
now its too late, fork over $$ at the dealership.
: Where would I find information on Delco radio codes? I gues it's the
: anti-theft component of the system, battery was diconected now no tunes.
Actually I'm in the process of getting a retail dealers licence and this was
mentioned to me. I just came from a pre licence class and was unable to get
the answers I may need, is there a site for dealers online or does GM have
the information on file for each vehicle they sell?
The following procedure will give you a new code that you can use instead of
your personal code. Using this new code, you can "unlock" your radio and
then "re-lock" it with a new code if you wish.
The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode.
Let me explain. If you have activated the Theft-Deterrent feature of your
radio and loose power, the radio goes into LOC (theftlock) mode. With the
ignition on, you must use the MN and HR buttons to enter you personal code
in order to unlock it (The instructions are on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner's
manual). If you fail to enter the correct code eight (8) times, the radio
goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before
the radio returns to LOC mode (go for a long drive somewhere).
01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this
number down. Don't take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this
number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03
and the last three digits are form STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140
08. Press 1 then # (pound). You'll hear "Invalid Code, try again"
09. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six
digit code followed by * (start)
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC
Hope this helps. It has saved me $$ and time. Be careful with the radio, it
controls the functions of the vehicle also (depending on model). I have a 99
2500 4x4 and the radio can be set to prevent the vehicle from starting or be
taken out of park.
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.