radio locks

I changed the battery in my avalanche and now the radio is locked. doews anyone know how to unlock it, or have the codes and procedure to unlock it?
Thanks, Jim
DEALER Can do it
jim wrote:

Yes, but I shouldn't have to pay them to do it. Jim

Next time When changing The Battery you will KNOW to KEEP power onto the Vehicle, Most Garages Here use a 9 volt Transistor Battery,
Someone Said it Cost About $40.00 At The Dealer
jim wrote:

And his options end there.............
Doc

"Doc" wrote:

He can go back to the guy the radio was stolen from (Notice, I didn't accuse HIM of stealing it), and see if he knows the unlock code!
--
John

Look in the owners manual as I believe there is a procedure there. I think I saw something in my 'burbs manual about this. There should be as there are times a batt. can go stone dead with no warning (had 4 Interstate batts. do it to me cause the posts came off the plate connectors so I do believe they show how to do it. Larry

Do this first
1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 or 1&4 for about 10 seconds until the first 2 or 3 digits of the display code are displayed.
2. Write the numbers down.
3. Press the AM/FM button; write down the next 2 or 3 numbers.
Unlock Code do this next:
1 Press the HR button and set the first 2 or 3 numbers.
2 Press Minute button and set the next 2 or 3 last numbers.
3 Press AM/FM button, SEC "-----"should be displayed.
4 You can now turn the radio on.
If your Radio say "InOP"
This means too many wrong codes have been entered and the radio must be left power up for 1 hour with battery and ignition applied before 3 more attempts can be made.
Thank you.

Jim, If the instructions I sent do not work- goto alt.autos.gm NG and post your question, I have seen the answer posted there with all the step by step instructions on how to retrieve them and how to turn the radio back on- There are may sites that offer this help also, just do a goggle or yahoo. When you post question be clear on car- year- and make, some models have quarks on how they reset,
Xanth

Did you write the numbers down somewhere when you bought the truck?
If you don't have access to the unlock code....then your only option is back to dealer as far as I know.
--
Elbert Clarke
elbert.clarke@**adelphia.net

it?