radio volume

Was driving home today in my 91 Z-71 listening to tunes when my radio volume suddenly went to about half volume, now radio is turned up so that 3/4 of bar graph is lit and volume is at a normal listening level. Any ideas or suggestions? Its the factory Delco with tape deck and e.q. in center of dash. haven't checked with tape deck yet, maybe antenna ground?

Dave.

Reply to
dave

are all your speakers functioning?

Reply to
Snowman

if this doesnt work,, then buy a new stereo and dash kit at

the "radio" is near the gas pedal under the dash. Un plug the wiring one or two plugs if with cassette player and then drop the radio box 3 bolts 7mm. down... then unplug the 3 plugs on top. now reconnect all the plugs and try it. It should be fine.

if not, its time to buy a real stereo at

that will go in the area where the cassette player is now using a color matched dash kit. they have all the peices needed to make it all a plug in / bolt-in swap.

Reply to
Im Right

You wouldn't have the volume compensation activated would you(not sure if that model has that option) My buddy was hauling my ass down the road one day in his Tahoe and said his volume was going up and down, I noticed he had the Volume control turned on so basically the volume goes down when speed decreases, I laughed my ass off since he had owned the truck for 3 years and never opened his manual.

Reply to
PAUL