Rain Repel - For Extreme Weather

Page 1 of 4
Very Easy to use, Unlike our competitors your windows DO NOT have to be Clean and Dry to apply. Simply put 1oz of the Super Concentrated Rain Repel in the windshield washer reservoir and fill with your favorite windshield
wash, that it!
Water just beads up and blows off as you drive.
Repels: Rain, Sleet and Snow
Safe for use on: Glass, Plastic, Plexiglass and LEXON
http://www.simmsbikewerks.com/product.php?productid 659&catB8&page=1
On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:21:46 -0600, "Simms Bike Werks"

Can't see through the beads of water. That's why I use wipers.
There is a sucker born every minute.
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 21:58:32 -0500, The Nolalu Barn Owl wrote:

Although it very well may be that a sucker is born every minute, I say the Rain-X is a great chemical to use. Much easier to see under downpour conditions, less wear on the wipers, and visibility is greatly increased in rain and snow conditions. Oh yea, and you can buy it in gallon jugs of premixed solution to put directly into your washer reservoir.
The downside is at night in inclement weather under street lamps. When the light beam is 90 to the windshield you may experience a glare caused by the single beads of water/snow.
RSCamaro wrote:

Personally, I just keep my wipers in excellent condition, no beads, no droplets, just clear windshield.
Oh, and no silicone smears if I do use my wipers.
<VBG>
Budd
Budd

Personally, I just keep my wipers in excellent condition, no beads, no droplets, just clear windshield.
Oh, and no silicone smears if I do use my wipers.
<VBG>
Budd
I've used Rain-x for years and I think the stuff is great. Put it on when the temps are above approx 60 degrees, walk away from it for at least a couple of hours and then wipe it off with a micro fibre towel. I don't notice the glare the other poster is talking about and it's much easier to see thru when it's raining.
Denny

Yup, agree wabbit! Rain-X is the best thing since heated leather seats!
Mike

Mike, use the low heat setting for awhile, your brain is getting overheated.... <BG>
Denny

Hey Rabbit!!! Your email working or what?? Sent you a few and responded to your last and nothing back. Noticed it around 12/25.
Roy

I'll send ya something in a little bit.
Denny
Per *:

How do you apply it so the wipers don't leave a haze?
--
PeteCresswell

With a BFH! <G>
Roy

I put it on when the glass is above 60 degrees. Walk away from it for at least a couple of hours and then wipe it off using micro fiber towel. I got about twenty towels for about ten bucks last summer at Meijers. I have no glare or haze anymore. I used to use an old bath towel but I had to use alot of arm to get it all off so it wouldn't haze. Those micro fiber towels are worth it.
Denny
(PeteCresswell) wrote:

PRE wash the Glass
Apply when the tempature is correct
anything above 4 or 6 degrees C I believe what the bottle says.

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm
Or . . .
ya could do like I was taught and NOT FOLLOW SO DARN CLOSE.
The 2 second following rule applies in clear, dry weather, in rain add 2-3+ seconds and snow add about a minute, but YMMV.
Budd ( Who hasn't had an accident attributable to himself in a quarter century . . . well, no accidents in a quarter century)

Yup none that he can remember. That will take us back to last week.<BFG>
Roy

How much success do you have with observing 2 seconds in urban freeway/turnpike traffic?
I seem to wind up with less than a second most of the time as people pass me and pull into the space ahead - so sometimes I'll find something like a bus or 18-Wheeler that's keeping up with traffic and follow it - which gives me closer more like 1.something seconds. For some reason, people seem to tolerate my having more distance behind a large vehicle - my guess is that while they're out there in the passing lane they're reluctant to pull in right behind something that big - figuring Big=Slow.
--
PeteCresswell

SPAM.net>:

Same as anywhere else. I just leave early enough to not have to rush. <VBG>

It's called "the fear factor", but what it really is could be called the "I'd rather you plow into him than me factor".
The best lesson I ever learned about driving was a story about two drivers that approached each other on a single lane bridge. They sat there for a few minutes, then one stuck his head out of the car and yelled, " I'll never back up for a roadhogging idiot!"
A few seconds went by and the second driver yelled, "I always will." and promptly backed off the bridge.
No one has ever caused an accident by driving defensively, that I know of, instead of aggressively. Besides, it lowers blood pressure, reduces stress and prevents road rage.

I think that for some people, driving is analogous to boxing.
I find it more enjoyable when it's like dancing.
--
PeteCresswell

For some, I think, it's a chance to get back at everyone they're not able to look in the eye and tell the truth to, whether they want to hear it or not, whether it's the right person or not.
Dancing? Nope, save that for the track. . . .or the dance floor.
I like to be able to relax and enjoy the trip.
Budd