Rain Repel - For Extreme Weather

Page 2 of 4
Is of no value in North Texas, we haven't had rain in 20 years.

--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
Heh... You might get some tomorrow night believe it or not!
MoParMaN wrote:

MoParMaN wrote:

Must work really good in TX then, not only sheds the rain, but actually prevents it! I use rain-X on my windshield, but haven't had much use for it for awhile here in OK either. Could sure use some rain to help douse the fires!
JPH

Attention spam?? WTF is that???

Yes, especially if you pull out too close to the truck. Try dropping back a bit ( gives better view around the truck as well) accelerate in your lane and pull out before you get to the rooster tail. You'll zip thru much faster and lose your vision for a shorter time. Do this in dry weather and you find you get better gas economy because you're not putting dents in the floorboard to get up speed.

Now you have to be insulting? I've been driving for 40 years next month, probably longer than you been alive. I got maximum scores in every safe driving test I've ever taken, scored one imperfect score on a driving test just four years ago (all others were perfect scores), was driving instructor in the military. . . .now, who do you think needs it spelled out for them?

If you're pulling out into the rooster tail, you're too close.

If you are in the lane behind the truck before pulling to the other lane, you are following . . or about to be in a head on accident.

Mission??? You a top-secret government agent or something? Your RESPONSIBILITY is to pass the truck safely. By pulling out before you are so close as to get soaked in the rooster tail, you reduce the chances of an accident due to reduced visibility . . .( sarcasm mode at full) talk about needing to spell it out . . .

Only those that have not learned you don't have to be on a truck's bumper before pulling out to pass.

WOW!!! That's what percent of your total driving time? Larger, btw, is not always better. The other four accidents I was involved in were spread over the previous 15 years and only two of the total were my fault.

And spammers annoy me. So does not catching fish, but that's different. Yours was the knee-jerk reaction, btw. I was only giving sound, proven advice on how to drive safely. It is unfortunate it proves a lack of need for your spam, er, product, no, spam, yep, spamola. Ah darn, you cowardly types use a munged addy so you can't be reported. . . .you think . . .

ROTFLMBO!!!!! The answer was appropriate, spammer, it just didn't support your spam spiel, that's all.

Well, you apparently don't, or you wouldn't have your panties in a bunch claiming I misread your spam.
Some folks report spammers like you, I like to rip their spiels to shreds . . .more of a mental challenge, ya know, except when they fall apart and start being insulting as quickly as you did.
Darn, and I thought you could handle it . . . . .
Budd

~snipped the rest of your drivel~
Are you really this dense, or are you just trolling? In your 40 years of driving experience, haven't you ever been beside a semi-tractor and trailer during a rainstorm? It makes little difference when you pull out to pass, the problem starts when you get alongside. Go back and reread what he said. I'm sure he'll accept your apology.
Dave
Are you that stupid as to think I've never been in worse than that conditions?
How about fog so thick you couldn't see the end of your hood if you didn't have the headlights on (IN)? Or a S.E. Colorado downpour that dumped 3 " in 30 minutes.
Mister, I've been thru far worse than his rooster tail and common sense and careful driving kept my butt out of accidents that put other not so careful drivers on the autopsy slab.
Now, if you have nothing constructive to add . . .
Budd
Tell you what, try it next time it rains then get back to me

Just where were we talking about "worse" conditions? We were talking about specific conditions that you now seem to want to avoid.

Nice try at changing the subject.
Or a S.E. Colorado downpour that dumped 3 " in

Had you been alongside a semi during that downpour, you'd know exactly what we're talking about.

and
careful
That may well be, but it doesn't address the matter at hand. Please try to keep up with the conversation.
Dave

century
faster
find
instructor
so
the
in
span
.
Hey Budd, blow it out yer ass.... You're exactly the kind of newsgroup poster who doesn't bother to read a message before shoveling off a load of drivel.
Take a moment to read back through this inane thread, and really READ what Roy said, and you'll see how completely off base your responses were.
Or not, and just go back to playing with yourself....

Huh??? What'd I say???
Roy
Don't worry, Roy, he's just a moderator wannabe.
Budd

Another net nanny?
Anyway I guess I missed something here. Please fill me in so I can play too.
Roy
Just some spammer trying to lure in suckers and a guy that thinks I'm not intelligent enough to pour water out of a boot with directions on the heel and we should accept everything the spammer says without question. He also seems to think I never listen to you and, by implication, talk with you, friend.
Obviously he's never posted in AADT before.
Budd
( btw, don't you hold the boot over the spammer's head to read the directions? ;)

ROTFLMBO!!!!
And you're the common newsgroup moderator wannabe. How about you read my messages giving common sense driving tips.

I did and I understood Roy, but do you understand the idiocy of not driving safely?

Ah, the sexual innuendo . . .Trying to portray in others that which you find to be your only source of pleasure. How Freudian of you.
Budd

Which is idiocy. Better and smarter to plan ahead so you avoid that situation, Rain-X or no Rain-X.

Now who has the comprehension problems. Read the first half of the sentence also.

No . . .You DID NOT say that time and time again, unless it's echoing in your empty skull, spammer.
And if you position yourself a bit farther over in the lane from the truck you'll also avoid much of his bow wave.

Then I'll be sure to neve ride with you. You're already halfway under his wheels.

ROTFLMBO!!!!! Boy, you are the spamming fool. Tell me something, if your crap works so good, how come there has not been a significant reduction in highway accidents attributed to it's use?
Tell us again how Rain-X does a Moses and parts the thick layer of water that a tractor trailer rig can throw on a windshield, (I've seen it, but I wasn't driving at the time). Prove your zero time claim.

No, you're not spelling things out, you're just repeating your sales mantra.

Really? So how come in 40 years of driving, I've never had that horrific loss of vision you claim?

A self-description? Really, you must learn to be more critical of yourself. You wouldn't make an infectded pimple on an idiot's butt.

You're selling an item, for personal financial gain, unsolicited, in a newsgroup (or as you've done, crossposted it) . . . yep, that's spamming.
If you had just been giving a testimonial on a product, you would have let mine, and other posts to your detraction, slide by, afterall, each of us is entitled to an opinion and you would have kept you comments in one or two favorite groups without crossposting, but you hit the entire prime set for spammers, didn't you?
'Tis you that are the idiot, methinks.
Budd
On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 06:33:50 -0700, "Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote:>Really? So how come in 40 years of driving, I've never had that horrific

<snipped>
I'd guess that you don't let yourself get into such situations.
It happens quite often in inclement weather here in N.Y. where a large truck will pass you going the other way and send a wave of water and/or slush at your windshield. Vision through the glass is lost momentarily until the wipers can whisk it away. Using Rain-X or wax on the windshield dramatically reduces the time that you have no vision through the windshield under those circumstances.
As for the visible residue left by using Rain-X (someone made a comment about it), I can't remember ever noticing anything of the sort and I've been using Rain-X as well as clear wax since I was a teenager, over 20 years now.
*I-84 going through N.Y. was re paved a number of years ago, blacktop over concrete. Now in certain area where the truck traffic is the heaviest there are depressions from heavy vehicles in the granny lane which quickly fill with water in heavy rain. Cars and trucks going through these areas will create (no exaggeration) a curled wave of water like comes in at some ocean shores. It's darn near impossible to pass a vehicle in these conditions, a real pain if the driver creating the wall of water is moving at 40 mph or less on the interstate. Without a water shedding chemical on the windshield you are stuck running at the same speed as that driver, even if the conditions do not dictate that you do.
Some people like it and others don't, I find that it is more safe to use it than not. I put on 35-45,000 miles on the road yearly, between my work and personal driving habits.
Per RSCamaro:

I made the comment. My guess is that you figured out how to apply it properly on Day 1. I've tried it a few times, but was always put off by the wiper haze. Last time around, somebody said to buff it a lot with newspaper. Same old, same old....
I think I'll try it again though - using the microfiber cloth after letting it set up for a few hours. When the stuff works, it *really* works.... it's just that darn haze when the wipers are on at nite.
--
PeteCresswell

The biggest thing to realize is that with the stuff on the glass, you don't need to use the wipers as much as you're used to. The haze comes from the wipers doing their thing with no water/lubrication between them and the glass. My dad caused the haze by doing what came from 50 years of driving experience, turning the wipers up to fast 'because it's raining harder' without realizing how little water was sticking to the glass. I have used the stuff for 10 years, and set the wipers to intermittant, as slow as needed to keep the view clear. The other advantage of these chemicals is that ice doesn't stick to the glass in the winter.
Eric G

I first used Rain-X in 2002 on my 1964 Studebaker T-Cab pickup which I drove from Austin, TX to Rhode Island via South Bend to catch the Stude International Meet. Never ran into any rain until someplace in Ohio an rain it did, by the bucket. I was so amazed at the performance of Rain-X including the fact that I never had to resort to using my wipers.
JT