Rain Repel - For Extreme Weather

Page 3 of 4

I-84 through NY sucks even in the dry weather imo.
Roy

I agree with that. Those ruts in the road between Middletown and Fishkilll are quite annoying.
RSCamaro wrote:

And you guessed wrong. Driving isn't a guessing game, it's reality.

I apologize only for the spam claim and yet you continue with the endorsements? Did I waste an apology?

Then I was right, I've driven longer than you've breathed life.

BTDT in Denver, Indy, St Louis, Pueblo, Phoenix, Salt Lake City . . . . .
And my methods work in all those towns also.
So, what was your point?

You have the right to your opinion and the right to be wrong in thinking it's the only way to avoid the problem.
I'm finished with this stuff.
Budd

It's not reality, its a responsibility.
<snip>

Did I ask for an apology?

What was your point here?
The GE Corporation was dumping PCBs into the Hudson river before I breathed life also, were they right to do this? Does this mean that you are smarter or more capable of handling yourself in sticky situations? It means nothing more than that you've had more birthdays than I have. I drive every day on some of the most congested roads on the planet. Does driving in more adverse conditions more often mean anything.
<snip>

I understand that you are finished and probably won't reply. I just haven't received a good enough answer as to why the aforementioned chemical is such a bad thing. Prove to me why I'm wrong.
...Ron

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
YOU HAVE TO PUT NEW BLADES FROM TIME TO TIME.

I'm Sorry but I could not resist myself. I to have been using Rain-x since 1980 and it is a Outstanding product to help shed the rain of the glass windshield and windows. Their is also another product that I found just last year that to it Rain-x but this one you do not have to apply to the glass and wipe off the residue. This Rain-x product you add to you windshield washer tank reservoir and each time you use your windshield washers it not only helps clean the windshield but adds the water repellent to the glass and it to works like Magic it even helps wiper blade that have just started to skip or chatter across the glass to stop.... It is a can't do without it product in Florida "If we are getting Rain!" which we are not now!!!!! Rich,,, in Florida...............
SPAM.net&gt; wrote:<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt;Really? So how come in 40 years of driving, I've never had that horrific<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt;loss of vision you claim?<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; &lt;snipped&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt;Budd<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; I'd guess that you don't let yourself get into such situations.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; It happens quite often in inclement weather here in N.Y. where a large<BR>&gt;&gt; truck will pass you going the other way and send a wave of water<BR>&gt;&gt; and/or slush at your windshield.&nbsp; Vision through the glass is lost<BR>&gt;&gt; momentarily until the wipers can whisk it away.&nbsp; Using Rain-X or wax<BR>&gt;&gt; on the windshield dramatically reduces the time that you have no<BR>&gt;&gt; vision through the windshield under those circumstances.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&nbsp; As for the visible residue left by using Rain-X (someone made a<BR>&gt;&gt; comment about it), I can't remember ever noticing anything of the sort<BR>&gt;&gt; and I've been using Rain-X as well as clear wax since I was a<BR>&gt;&gt; teenager, over 20 years now.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; *I-84 going through N.Y. was re paved a number of years ago, blacktop<BR>&gt;&gt; over concrete.&nbsp; Now in certain area where the truck traffic is the<BR>&gt;&gt; heaviest there are depressions from heavy vehicles in the granny lane<BR>&gt;&gt; which quickly fill with water in heavy rain.&nbsp; Cars and trucks going<BR>&gt;&gt; through these areas will create (no exaggeration) a curled wave of<BR>&gt;&gt; water like comes in at some ocean shores.&nbsp; It's darn near impossible<BR>&gt;&gt; to pass a vehicle in these conditions, a real pain if the driver<BR>&gt;&gt; creating the wall of water is moving at 40 mph or less on the<BR>&gt;&gt; interstate.&nbsp; Without a water shedding chemical on the windshield you<BR>&gt;&gt; are stuck running at the same speed as that driver, even if the<BR>&gt;&gt; conditions do not dictate that you do.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Some people like it and others don't, I find that it is more safe to<BR>&gt;&gt; use it than not.&nbsp; I put on 35-45,000 miles on the road yearly, between<BR>&gt;&gt; my work and personal driving habits.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ...Ron<BR>&gt;&gt; --<BR>&gt;&gt; 68'RS Camaro<BR>&gt;&gt; 88'Formula<BR>&gt;&gt; 00'GT Mustang<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;</FONT></BODY></HTML> ------=
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:45:18 GMT, "T-Bearden"

You wanna set your line lenght to about 75 characters??
SteveL
Rain-x is one of the few things in life I can swear by and not at. My favorite was the Window Cleaner Paste that seem to have been discontinued. chiphead

I've been using it on both my vehicles since spring of 2005 and kick myself for not using it sooner. This stuff works great!

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm
I've tried it several times and always got a kinda of "foggy" trail behind the wiper blades if I had to use them ( 30 mph doesn't blow the water off like 140 does) or they just plain smear and don't wipe well. Yes, I followed the instructions on the bottle, instead of waiting like you did.
And it hard to remove once it's on.
Budd (sticking to good old synthetic rubber windsheild wipers)
Denny wrote:

Denny wrote: > I've used Rain-x for years and I think the stuff is great. Put it on when

I agree...... if put on as per instruction the stuff is great. Eliminates even having to use the wipers half the time .
Jerry
I agree 100%. Although I got lazy and started to use the Rain-X windshield wiper fluid and don't have to do the application any longer. Only downside is rain will not bead up quite the same as the direct application. When I'm not lazy, I actually do both as the wiper fluid helps maintain the direct application longer.
Laszlo Almasi

I had a '95 Chevy van for a work truck a few years ago. The wipers on it were worthless at highway speeds. The wind would actually lift the wiper right off the windshield. I drove out to a customer one evening, fifty miles, in heavy rain. I could hardly see the wipers were so poor. Before the trip back I stopped and applied RainX to the windshield. On the way back, in similar rain I did not even use the wipers! The water would bead up and fly right up and off the windshield. I do not use RainX all the time, but it sure worked well with the crappy wipers on that Chevy van, Greg
You ought to check into the the PIAA Super Sporza wiper replacement for wipers that lift off the surface of the glass. I use them on my 2001 Ram since the OEM blades would lift as well at highway speeds. These wipers are awesome.
http://www.piaa.com/WiperBlades/sporza.html
Laszlo Almasi

It is no longer a problem as the job and the truck is gone. The company had 14 of those vans on the road and between all the drivers I think we tried everything. RainX was the final conclusion, and screw the wipers as you did not need them with RainX. Greg
I agree...but there are times when that big ole nasty spot of bug guts needs to be cleaned off as you are driving down the road at highway speeds. The link is ro anyone that is tired of their blades lifting off....trust me, they work superb for any vehicle. Try them once and you'll wonder why the OEMs don't have these, or something similar, as original equipment.
Laszlo Almasi

My '99 Z71 had OEM blades with spoilers.....which I stupidly threw away when I put on a new set of Anco's. May have to check out those PIAA's.
Dave

I hear ya. I haven't really run into enough snow yet to have them be a problem....but they work very well for rain. Hopefully, I'll find out how they perform with snow. Praying for another 2 footer here this winter. :^)
Laszlo Almasi

Please let me know what happens in the snow. We have had 2 plowable storms so far.
Roy