Raybestos Ceramic vs SuperStop recommendation

which is better for a 4x4 1/2T HD Suburban. everything is stock, i just want something that stop better. heavy traffic, and highway driving mainly in the rain.
this is the best brand i can get in my area.
thanks

Just put a set of the Raybestos SuperStop pads on my '99 K1500 this weekend. They stop really well, at least as good or better than the original brakes on the truck. I also put new rotors on, as well as new caliper bolts, bushings.
Brian
thank you for your inputs. guys, are you saying the ceramic is softer than the superstop ? i too rather replacing pads than rotor. i am not looking for corvette braking performance but want something that can 1/2T truck to a stop more like a car.

on-ftopict123246.html
"J Oat" wrote: > thank you for your inputs. > guys, are you saying the ceramic is softer than the superstop > ? > i too rather replacing pads than rotor. i am not looking for > corvette > braking performance but want something that can 1/2T truck to > a stop more > like a car. >
> > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > which is better for a 4x4 1/2T HD Suburban. > everything is > &nbsp;> > stock, i just > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > want something that stop better. heavy > traffic, and highway > &nbsp;> > driving > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > mainly > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > in the rain. > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > this is the best brand i can get in my > area. > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > thanks > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;> > Just put a set of the Raybestos SuperStop pads on > my '99 K1500 > &nbsp;> > this weekend. > &nbsp;> > They stop really well, at least as good or better > than the > &nbsp;> > original brakes > &nbsp;> > on the truck. I also put new rotors on, as well as > new caliper > &nbsp;> > bolts, > &nbsp;> > bushings. > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;> > Brian > > > > I still have orignal rotors on my 89 with 172k and they are > in great > > shape too but I have never used hard pads either. It is a > trade off > > change the pads more offten or change pads and rotors a > little less > > often and at more expense. It is all in what you want. > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: > http://www.autoforumz.com/Chevrolet-Raybestos-Ceramic-SuperStop-recommendati > on-ftopict123246.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pY9564
A ceramic pad would be very hard. ALso the metalic content of pad has a effect on rotor abrasion.