Re: 1999 Chevy Blazer LT Low oil pressure Engine Damage?

It sounds like you got anti freeze in the oil. If you hear a tapping in the bottom of the engine your going to spin a bearing. Sounds like the new engine had a bad gasket.

i agree ....... sounds like antifreeze in the oil... most likely a blown head gasket or leaking intake gasket. More than likely you got a rebuilt longblock "GM crate engine"... where they used your intake and other parts to put on an assembled block with cylinder heads... all other misc parts were used off your old engine. I would suspect the a head gasket issue which the shop can find or an intake leak whcih also the shop can find too. Has the dealer explained the last issue with the oil pressure and coolant?
I would want the dealership to verify and put on the service ticket that they did a full cooling system pressure test and also a full compression test.... document this on the service ticket you get.
Kind of wierd that the radiator goes out right when you have a new engine installed and right after you get iut out of the shop. I would really run the truck hard when you get it back to make sure it does not over heat and there is no coolant in the antifreeze.

--
Elbert Clarke
elbert.clarke**@us.army.mil