Re: 1999 chevy tahoe coolant problem

>I don't know exactly what the problem is but I would appreciate

>>anyone's help. I seem to be refilling my coolant every other >>day. I checked for leaks, which are not present, replaced the > radiator >>cap, and both did not help. The temperature gage on the inside >>doesn't rise. After I do my driving, I park, turn off the >>engine, I hear like a bubbling or some sort of faint sound that lasts >>for about 30 seconds (could be from the a/c). I get out of the > tahoe, >>take a look underneath and a puddle of coolant is on the ground. > This >>happens almost all the time. The tank empties. Sometimes there is > no >>puddle on the ground after I drive however I do need to refill my >>coolant reservoir on a regular basis. I do not know what is causing >>the problem. A friend of mine said that it could be the water pump. >>Any expert advise would be greatly appreciated. > > Sounds like engine is hot went you shut it down and it boils the > coolant when it shuts off and blows off with force. Are you a high > consentration of antifreeze? Higher consentrations increase boiling > point. Try at least a 60/40 mix for starters and some times a lower > pressure cap helps too because the venting is less violent.
Reply to
Shep

Resevoir is leaking where the hose connects underneath. I had the same problem on a 1997 tahoe. Good luck

Reply to
harold209

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >
If none of those work, here is a problem I had with my 99 suburban. I had a combination of a slow leak in the heater hose fitting that goes into the intake manifold on the passenger side front of the intake. Look and see if there is a ball of corrosion around it, it is kind of hiding under the air intake. Real easy to see with intake off. Second was my intake gasket leaking. I didn't have any signs on the oil dipstick but looked like peanut butter on the inside of the oil filler cap. Once I removed the valve cover it was coated with the same peanut butter looking crud. Either one is a pretty inexpensive fix.

Reply to
Shredder

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Pete

I had this happen on my 99 Sierra 5.3 and it was the plate on the back of the water pump. Took the water pump off and removed the 5 bolts holding the back cover on and sealed with some gasket maker. Problem fixed. Later Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmie