Re: 1999 chevy tahoe coolant problem

You better make sure you are not loosing coolant into the engine, check the oil for coolant contamination. Pressure test the system look for water pump
or intake manifold leaks.

-
Resevoir is leaking where the hose connects underneath. I had the same problem on a 1997 tahoe. Good luck

http://www.autoforumz.com/Chevrolet-1999-chevy-tahoe-coolant-problem-ftopict133010.html
If none of those work, here is a problem I had with my 99 suburban. I had a combination of a slow leak in the heater hose fitting that goes into the intake manifold on the passenger side front of the intake. Look and see if there is a ball of corrosion around it, it is kind of hiding under the air intake. Real easy to see with intake off. Second was my intake gasket leaking. I didn't have any signs on the oil dipstick but looked like peanut butter on the inside of the oil filler cap. Once I removed the valve cover it was coated with the same peanut butter looking crud. Either one is a pretty inexpensive fix.
See if the coolant puddle is under the AC condensate drain tube. Maybe your heater core is leaking and it's running out this drain tube. Good luck Pete

http://www.autoforumz.com/Chevrolet-1999-chevy-tahoe-coolant-problem-ftopict133010.html
http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pd6665
I had this happen on my 99 Sierra 5.3 and it was the plate on the back of the water pump. Took the water pump off and removed the 5 bolts holding the back cover on and sealed with some gasket maker. Problem fixed. Later Jimmy