Re: 88 s-10 4.3 Blazer(Snoman)

Thanks Snoman I"ll see if I can fix it my self.You wouldn't happen to know what tools I need to get it done,would you?Any way I appreciate the info.Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

I`m having the same problem on my 92 S-10,i checked and to replace the clutch you need a special tool which can be borrowed from Auto-Zone.Pep-Boys,ect,By the way the price difference between an a/c clutch and a compressor w/clutch is about $20 at Advanced Auto,so you may want to consider replacing the whole thing instead.

Reply to
Crusader

That does sound kinda stupid that the clutch costs $20 less than the compresser.Bet they don"t sell too many clutches.Anyway mine seems to work ok if I turn it off before starting the engine,I suppose when I start the engine it revs then the clutch engages,and makes a loud clack noise.Works fine if I turn it off then start the engine. Hope your's was easy to fix as mine.Let me know how it turns out. Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift