Re: 92 gmc sierra 1500 autolock hubs

a '92 doesn't have hubs. they use a central axle disconnect.. the actuator is a failure prone thermolinear design. replacing them with the improved '98+ electromechanical actuator makes things much much better than they were when the truck was new.

HTH, Bret

I have a 92 gmc sierra 1500 with the auto locking hubs and I was wondering > if there are any manual hubs made for this year model and about how easy or > hard is it to change it over. My drivers side is not locking in as well as > it used to so I figure if I am going to tear them apart I might as well go > manual. > > thanks in advance > glen > >
Reply to
Bret Chase

sidewinder