Re: '92 S-10 blazer spewing oil

TLF wrote:

In order to fit the 4.3 V-6 into the S-10 frame (made for the 2.8V6), the oil filter had to be moved. What you see in the pic is the adapter that fits where the filter would have been. The adapter has 2 hoses that go to/from the "remote" oil filter behind the left headlight. The hoses are a known frequent source of failure where the metal fittings are crimped to the rubber, although it could be the adapter itself that is leaking.
When this hose on my 94 started leaking, it cost me $218 parts & labor to have hoses and seals replaced at indy shop. If yours is adapter only leaking at its seal to block, should cost less to replace seals only.
--Reed
Has anyone replaced the gasket down at the block before? I had my hoses replaced with a new design about 150K ago and it's leaking again but not from the hoses.
It looks impossible to get to. The Chilton manual shows nothing about it.
LS

Just had to pull a set of remote oil lines for my 91 S-10 from the local self-service junk yard a few days ago (20 bucks) One of the crimped fittings began leaking while 500 miles from home...Freaked me out until I realized it was just oozing a bit and not a major leak
seems like removing the fan shroud, the two PS hoses, the engine mount thru bolt and raising the engine on a jack will make it fairly easy to swap them this week...