Re: 97 Tahoe GM radio trouble

I believe it is an encoder, not a pot. Best be would be a junkyard. You might even find a radio that works.
Cheers
(Gram) wrote:

You can order a new OEM Delco headunit from www.bought4less.com
: This unit is an AC Delco factory unit with tape deck and a separate : standard single CD drive. : : After turning the radio on and adjusting the volume to the normal : position it will get no or very low volume. If I make slight : adjustments CCW (left) the radio will suddenly blare and fade off. : This is so loud that I am afraid that it will blow the speakers! When : I adjust the knob CW (right) nothing happens. i.e. no sound or volume : increase. : : How should I go about diagnosis and repair? : Is the radio/knob worth fixing? : Or should I buy a new unit? : : Thanks in advance. : : Gram
Today I am trading in my '97 Z-71 pickup for a new '03 Z-71. my 97 truck has an aftermarket Pioneer head unit which I am leaving in it. The factory unit is sitting in my closet. It works fine other than If I remember correctly, a few of the lights behind the 6 numbered buttons don't work, so it is kinda hard to hit the correct preset button when it is dark. Let me know if you want it. I would let it go pretty cheap. Matt