Re: A/C... bad bearing or compressor?

Bearing if its WHIRRR at all times (clutch bearing) You have a bad compressor. Replace it NOW If you wait and it may have already done so, it will pack the condenser with compressor trash and it cannot be flushed out. You have to replace the condenser too.

Reply to
Im Right

I doublechecked, it's r134a, so when the money appears I'm gonna pick up some a/c tools/recharge kit. In the meantime the truck isn't being used. So the whirring racket, is that a byproduct of a system that needs to be recharged? My brother tells me he opened the hood and had to wipe some wierd powder off the compressor one time... could that be a sign of leakage or just coincidence? thanks again.

Reply to
Tzihuac