Re: Adjusting Timing, where to get on the gas?

She has every right to over populate the world and remain in her yard and scream all she wants and get fattern' then the devil. I have every right to turn the world into a smog infested wasteland as long as it's
state legal and on the roads at legal speeds. She DOESN'T have the right to try to wave me down on the side of the road, demand what I do to suit her needs. Not happening, NOT in MY America.
~TLGM

Lol, what a waste

Location is key, maybe you would get less guff if you went to a less popluated place to test.

I'm supposed to make a trip to test my timing? I went maybe 300 feet away from the driveway I was working on! If I had 'gone to the highway' like the 'lady' had suggested - I would have had to limp to the next exit at like 20MPH because the knock was so bad.
~KJ~

does you need to womp on it to test it? peace with your nieghbors is priceless, believe me.

Actually, yes you do. If you don't put a load on the engine you wont know if it's going to ping/knock. When you first start it up and at mild speeds it wont ping, but when I got after it it sounded like rice crispies.
As for peace with my neighbor - why? 1: Not my neighbor, 2: Why would you entertain the thoughts of a crazy woman?, 3: She comes from massachussets, 4: Has about 3 too many kids, 5: Why shouldn't she make peace with ME? I'm not the one trying to over-extend my privileges of power!
~TLGM

Thats the place it will ping.

I do plenty of highway, and I was trying to get it to lug. I don't hear any pings, and the ECM is code free. I think I actually tuned something properly for once, even though I still don't know how many degrees BTC I am.... :-)
~TLGM

Brother in Law rolls an old basketball. Scares the HE** out of the driver, he's looking for the kid behind it.
RJ in WV
Bret Chase wrote:

Hey Mainer, where in the great state of Maine? Dirigo! 8-)

York Cty, but only for a few more months... moving back to KY (where I spent '97-'00) between the last two cold ass winters and the rediculous housing market have soured this state for me and my family.
-Bret
So the car is loud.Big deal! It`s 2:30pm.When you live in the City,you deal with that shit!
1/4 Mile Junkies

Shame on you. To many of those.
~KJ~

Your right maine does suck.
~KJ~
So my car is loud. Nothing I can do to make it quite. 500hp 10.5.1 compression. That`s why I wait until it`s after 12pm.
1/4 Mile Junkies
no problem there. you are curtious, most arent. Matter of fact I appload you. LIke i said its not the noise, its the behavior.

It`s kinda funny,but where I live now,the neighbors want me to make noise,cuz they say it`s way to quite.The lady that is on one side,is 81 and she say`s I`m way to quiet.The other neighbor has a 97 Linenfelter Trans Am.So he loves the sound.
1/4 Mile Junkies