Re: Anyone with knowledge of 4.3L factory rebuilds?

Cool, a satisfied customer. Thanks The shop owner called the factory rebuild "Targetmasters" so I just picked it up....book rate was something like 11 or 12 hours, but then
I'm never in a big hurry. Got quoted around $1800 from the dealership, even with a resale #, but hopefuly my shipping connection can beat that, if I can ever get his butt moving on it. <3 weeks and counting>
"ken" wrote

Personally, I hate the 4.3 rebuilts that we get. Same with the 3800 rebuilts. Too many of them end up with leaks, or other problems. I'm not sure why GM doesn't provide brand new motors for these particular engines. You get a 3100, or a 5.7 v-8, or a Quad engine, and they are brand new. Much less hassle.
Ian
Would love to be able to buy a new 4.3L but they don't sell 'em, least not to us common folk.....
Now I don't know whether to have the machine shop rebuild the motor or just buy a box????
That's weird, we just threw out a 4.3L that we couldn't sell. Tried to sell it for about 6 months for practically nothing and no one even bothered to come and have a look. It wasn't brand new mind ya, but there was very low mileage on it and it ran great. now it's in the big junk heap in the sky....

Aw Crap!!!!
Why not go to a 350 since it will run the same tranney? Keep your 4.3 and rebuild it? Elliott