Re: Best way to stop door handle break-ins ?

spouted out:

shotgun...
There is a steel plate called a jimmy jammer. Only problem is if they can't open the handle they will probabally bust the glass.

An alarm is a very good deterent. I have used them on my cars for years. Get one that controls your door locks and they are very convenient too.
I had the same problem a while back. After the third time the cops said "...there's really nothing we can do..." I advised them they should be ready to respond to an investigation of the death of the perpetrator the next time it happened, that I had my own way of dealing with the situation. Funniest thing happened-noticed a marked increase in the number of marked patrol cars cruising my neighborhood. The breakins stopped, too. If you steal/break my stuff I feel you deserve whatever I dish out in return. Just my $0.02...

I hope I catch them. A shotgun is too good for these bastards
spouted out:

you could always beat them to a pulp with the shotgun...
Man, I know the feeling. It's no fun to get in your truck in the morning and notice that the passenger door is slightly open, the window is broken, the radio is missing, and everything of value that you left in the truck is missing. I had twisted fantasies about what I would have done to the that bastard if only I would have caught him in the act. Muahahaha....
The thing that really pissed me off was that there were perfect hand and finger prints on the passenger mirror and the cops said that they were too busy to bother taking the prints. They said that the only way they would bother is if I said I had a gun in the truck that is now missing. I guess I'll say that next time! It looks like the Phoenix cops don't care too much, so it's a good thing Arizona allows people to obtain concealed weapon permits. I hadn't owned a gun before that happened, now I have several...

Derek Schwartz wrote:

I have had my truck broken in a few times (over seveal years) and have been told each time by police that they just don't have time to investigate car break-ins. Frustrating for them and for me. They know these people won't be stopped and they become part of the insurance machine, issuing a report number for when you file.
Who pays the increased premium, the thief? Not around here. I say duct tape 'em up and drop 'em in the river.
After reading all these responses, I can see there are no liberal thinkers responding to this. We should leave our vehicles unlocked so the thieves can get in and get what they deserve because it's our fault they don't have jobs and it's because of us that they can't get an education to get a job and we're parked on their roads that they don't pay taxes on since they don't own a home. With all that being said, there is one obvious remedy to fix the situation...
...yup, better shoot 'em!

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 06:56:19 -0400, "Snowman" <somethingorotherdotcom> spouted out:

<snip>
I know many people who say leave it unlocked. it saves on broken glass. if someone wants in, they're getting in one way or another.
I still say beat `em to a pulp with the shotgun, hold them at gunpoint until the law gets there. when the cops ask how they got so bloody, say they must have fallen down in a panic when they saw your shotgun. yea that's it, fell down..........
Yeah, but then you have to be on "security guard" duty all the time. I think it would be much more convenient to have automatic gun turrets set up around the borders of your property. Once they prove to be effective, maybe they'll start installing 'em at the Mexican border...

thinkers

No no no....you guys have it all wrong. Make sure when the cops arrive, there's only one story....yours.
Aim, squeeze, don't jerk the trigger. And, two in the head to make sure they're dead
This way, no lawsuits, no aquittals, no problems with payback, nothing.
Tony
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 06:56:19 -0400, "Snowman" <somethingorotherdotcom> wrote:

You know, you are right.
I am going to leave the windows down with the keys in the ignition from now on.
That way, when some punk, who the police probably have prints on, steals my vehicle, I can feel better knowing that I have helped out a poor disadvantaged person that needed my truck more then I did.
What _was_ I thinking? Oh, the humanity of it all !
When will I start ?
r e a d
b e l o w
WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER , THATS WHEN !!
This worked for me. I simply printed a sticker for my car that reads;
"WARNING!" "THIS VEHICLE IS PROTECTED BY" " A WINCHESTER 12 GAUGE" " SECURITY SYSTEM"
Feel free to use it if you want, at least they'll laugh while breaking in.
A good alarm would probably be better, I've been pulled over because of that sticker.
Rich
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once"
The problem with that sticker is they'll probably break into your house looking for the gun while you're at work!
If the cops don't seem to want to bother.... sheepishly tell them one other item is missing... A FULLY AOTOMATIC AK-47 with a fully loaded hundred round drum clip and three or four 40 round clips with armour piercing rounds mixed with tracers.... they might look then !

I'm sure they would investigate then...especially YOU!
All comedy aside, check this out. Autotaser. Never seen one in use, but I've seen people get hit with a handheld taser before. Now if it's anything like the original man, watch out, people won't even walk NEAR your vehicle. http://www.salesco.com/alarm/autotaser.htm