Re: brake drum removal

"David W" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Should I be able to remove the rear drums from my 98 K1500 (56k miles) > with relative ease or should it involve much cursing, sweating and > backyard mechanical tom-foolery? I think I need to replace my rear > shoes and I cannot for the life of me get the drums off to even check > the lining thickness. I have not tried a drum puller yet. > > Thanks in advance! > -- > David > 1964 Karmann Ghia coupe > 1998 Chev K1500 > 2000 Subaru Legacy GT > >

There May also be some Holding clips on the studs holding the drum in place. There very thin and may not be noticeable. If so just pry them off.

Reply to
FlashPoint