Re: Changing spark plugs

"Brandon Buckner" wrote

I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Ian
Sweet. Now I can concentrate on changing my brake pads tonight rather than screwing with the plugs again.
Thanks Brandonb
shiden_kai wrote:

This just got me to thinking, I changed my pads about 6mons ago or so and my brakes squeak pretty bad.. not under heavey brakeing and not under realy light braking.. it's like.. if you press the brake the first little bit of pressure you apply turns up no noise.. but as you apply more it'll start to squeak. and if you continue to apply pressue it'll go away..
Whats causing this? the brakes did not make noise when i first put them on.. only in the last few months have thay..
Adair
"Adair Winter" wrote

This is pretty normal for most disc brakes. But you can help the situation by using the silicone grease on the back of the brake pads wherever they contact either the piston, or the caliper. Squeal comes from the pads vibrating, and the grease allows the pad to simply move across the surfaces without vibrating. Imports have been using lubrication on the back of their pads for years.
Ian
Brandon Buckner wrote:

If you are friends with the right parts guy/store owner you can get parts just about whenever you "really" need them. Sometimes it costs a couple frosted barley beverages, or in times of real need or bad timing (2AM) ...a case :-)
That is one thing I lost when I moved, good access to parts at a discounted price.
Big Chris
I've been in that same position MANY times. Luckily, I have 24hr Checker and AutoZone stores in Phoenix. If one doesn't have what I need, the other usually does. I've had to stand in LONG lines many times at 2am... My guess is that everyone works on stuff at night to hide from the sun and heat during the day!
-Derek

I've thought of moving to Arizona several times. Thats a plus in my book! Its just too damn cold here in Iowa. And I'm not even as far north as a lot of the guys in here. I'd be a popsicle up in Canada in the winter.
Brandonb
Derek Schwartz wrote:

Whatever you do, don't waste your money on the self-adhesive pads that stick to the back of the brake pad. They're supposed to eliminate the squeal but they do not work as advertised.
****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Funny, last time I did my brakes I didn't put ANYTHING on the back of the pads. I just pulled the calipers, took the old pads off, compressed the piston, installed the new pads and dropped the caliper back on. That was last summer, about 13,000 miles ago, no squealing at all. I'm afraid I need to replace the pads again before winter, but my type of truck is known for that...
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:42:46 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Rich B) wrote:

Nope, I supporeted the calipers, don't recall how though. I think I had enough room to let it rest on the lower control arm...