Re: Changing spark plugs

"Brandon Buckner" wrote

Please don't flame me too hard, but how much of a "BAD THING" is it that > I forgot all about putting anti-seize compound on the new sparkplugs I > put in my 96 5.7 Vortec last night?

I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Sweet. Now I can concentrate on changing my brake pads tonight rather than screwing with the plugs again.

Thanks Brandonb

shiden_kai wrote:

Reply to
Brandon Buckner

This just got me to thinking, I changed my pads about 6mons ago or so and my brakes squeak pretty bad.. not under heavey brakeing and not under realy light braking.. it's like.. if you press the brake the first little bit of pressure you apply turns up no noise.. but as you apply more it'll start to squeak. and if you continue to apply pressue it'll go away..

Whats causing this? the brakes did not make noise when i first put them on.. only in the last few months have thay..

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

If you are friends with the right parts guy/store owner you can get parts just about whenever you "really" need them. Sometimes it costs a couple frosted barley beverages, or in times of real need or bad timing (2AM) ...a case :-)

That is one thing I lost when I moved, good access to parts at a discounted price.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

"Adair Winter" wrote

This is pretty normal for most disc brakes. But you can help the situation by using the silicone grease on the back of the brake pads wherever they contact either the piston, or the caliper. Squeal comes from the pads vibrating, and the grease allows the pad to simply move across the surfaces without vibrating. Imports have been using lubrication on the back of their pads for years.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Whatever you do, don't waste your money on the self-adhesive pads that stick to the back of the brake pad. They're supposed to eliminate the squeal but they do not work as advertised.

****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Reply to
Rich B

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
Mike Levy

I've been in that same position MANY times. Luckily, I have 24hr Checker and AutoZone stores in Phoenix. If one doesn't have what I need, the other usually does. I've had to stand in LONG lines many times at 2am... My guess is that everyone works on stuff at night to hide from the sun and heat during the day!

-Derek

Reply to
Derek Schwartz

I've thought of moving to Arizona several times. Thats a plus in my book! Its just too damn cold here in Iowa. And I'm not even as far north as a lot of the guys in here. I'd be a popsicle up in Canada in the winter.

Brandonb

Derek Schwartz wrote:

Reply to
Brandon Buckner