Re: Dash Light Dimmer Switch

I don't think its just that switch. All of my dash lights get pretty hot and they get worse if you turn the switch to make them dimmer. All the late
models are the same. Mine's a 99 Z71 and it seems as if all of them are the same way. The fun is just beginning, though. All the lights in the radio, heater control, and headlight switch are not replaceable light bulbs. They're soldered into a circuit board, so unless you're proficient at electronic soldering, you'll have to take it in just to have a light bulb replaced. Just my 02. . . . .
I have a 01 Silverado 2500HD and the instrument light dimmer switch gets awfully hot after about 30 min of being on. Is this normal or is there a problem in the switch? <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> Rebel48 www.abetinternational.com <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
from what little I know about electronics, a dimmer switch works by diverting voltage into a heatsink, usually ceramic, which then warms up. The longer it's used, the hotter it gits